A few of the blogs I read have these lists about one’s self. So, I decided to copy Lynn’s and make it my own:
1. I was born in Madera, California. My dad was a cotton farmer and my mother was the bookkeeper, houseskeeper and occasional farmworker.
2. I’ve lived in Fresno since 1970. The air is bad, the economy is poor, and I would gladly move to San Francisco.
3. I have no desire to travel as I don’t like being a tourist.
4. I am a teacher. I have taught at one high school for 20 years.
5. Before I was a teacher I worked in industry–magazine publishing and cottonseed sales. Both companies are gone.
6. I have been married to the same man for 34 years.
7. I have one grown daughter, a minister, who lives in San Mateo.
8. Above daughter is pregnant so I should have a granddaughter in May.
9. I love my yearbook class. Even though the deadlines sometimes rattle me, and the kids don’t always do as I wish, it’s still fun to see the finished product in June.
10. I cannot speak any other language than English. That is sad.
11. I love to write.
12. In the late sixties my father died. I was 16.
13. My brother was 20 years older than me. He died three years ago of lung cancer because he smoked.
14. I don’t smoke, nor have I ever lit a match.
15. I attended Fresno State College in the early 70s and got my bachelor of science degree in marketing there. I returned in the late 80s to get a teacher credential.
16. I love cats, have four of them, and also feed all the strays.
17. I have been involved with the San Joaquin Valley Writing Project. It’s ok. They love English teachers and I’m not one.
18. I am politically liberal.
19. I am a Mac user.
20. I cannot sew anything. Well, not completely true. I can still thread a needle without needing my glasses and put a button back on a piece of clothing.
21. I live in the FigGarden neighborhood of Fresno. This was once all fig orchards and the ground is hardpan. I cannot raise flowers.
22. This summer I will be 57 and I want to spend it in San Francisco.
23. Both of my parents have been dead for years. Daddy for 40 years; mom for 8 years.
24. I want to make time to just sit quietly.
25. I love to talk to people and so this has been fun for me. Hope you enjoyed reading.