At 4:19 the sun slips to the horizon. Drapes drawn. Lamps turned on. Although it is sunny California, the temperatures are cold. The furnace roars on, sending waves of warmth into the rooms. Potatoes roast in the oven, next to a chicken that will be served with fresh cranberry sauce. The apples and pears from the CSA box have been baked with brown sugar and butter for dessert. We settle in for a long winter’s eve.
- RT @TalkPoverty: The human right to water includes showers, laundry, bathroom facilities... much more than just drinking water. https://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @TheDemCoalition: FACT: @RealDonaldTrump spent $90 million in taxpayer money on golf trips, enough to house about 5,000 homeless veteran… 1 day ago
- RT @MMFlint: Let’s get this passed in every state. twitter.com/nygovcuomo/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @KaivanShroff: The Trump Administration has banned the CDC from using these 7 words: “vulnerable” “entitlement” “diversity” “transgend… 1 day ago
- @timkaine @Mocadeaux The epitome of evil. That's the guy in the @WhiteHouse. 1 day ago