At 4:19 the sun slips to the horizon. Drapes drawn. Lamps turned on. Although it is sunny California, the temperatures are cold. The furnace roars on, sending waves of warmth into the rooms. Potatoes roast in the oven, next to a chicken that will be served with fresh cranberry sauce. The apples and pears from the CSA box have been baked with brown sugar and butter for dessert. We settle in for a long winter’s eve.
- RT @MalcolmNance: Really?!! I will say it out loud. @SecNielsen you are a Liar. This blatant lie disqualifies you from your position. It is… 3 hours ago
- RT @pwnallthethings: But for the blind luck of your circumstances, it is you fleeing persecution across that border. 3 hours ago
- RT @goingglocal: When I worked in refugee transit camps in Croatia, we had a family tracing service all the way from Greece to Western Euro… 3 hours ago
- RT @laurawbush: I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-toleranc… 3 hours ago
- RT @aleksappleton: "One boy nearby wasn't playing with the rest. According to Brane, he was quiet, clutching a piece of paper that was a ph… 4 hours ago