Thought I should check in with my juicing adventures. Yes, I’m still keeping my Breville juicer busy almost every day. Terry thought it might be a passing fancy, but I have found that it’s so easy to use, so delicious to drink, and I feel good. So, I keep doing it.
As to what I am juicing, these are my favorites:
- apple, pear, cranberries, 3 kales leaves, handful of basil leaves
- apple, pear, blueberries, 3 kale leaves, handful of basil leaves
- apple, pear, carrot, 3 kale leaves, handful of mint leaves
- apple, pear, fennel bulb, carrot
- apple, pear, beet, 3 kale leaves, carrot
Today I tried raspberries with the apple, pear, 3 kale leaves mixture. Didn’t care much for it. The grocery store had marked the pints of berries to 99 cents so decided to give it a try. Next time I find them that cheap, I’ll just eat them by the handful.
Tried juicing swiss chard instead of kale, but it had too much of a green taste. I am really pleased with how much kale I have consumed this winter. That was one of the reasons I wanted to get a juicer, to get more of those dark greens into my body. I love spinach, but kale and chard just don’t appeal in any form. Except, now for juicing the kale.