On Thursday I was back in the first grade classroom where I fainted the last time there. We always discuss the previous week’s story before launching into a new book. This time we discussed all that happened last week:
- It was the 100th Day of School
- The story was about Jake forgetting his project and asking for help
- The students finished their Star Chart (a behavioral tool I use)
- The class got a prize for completing the Star Chart
- The class got a sticker for the 100th Day of School
- Mrs. Zody died and came back to life
That was the first grader’s take on the day! We talked more about fainting and how it wasn’t the same as dying, but they were determined that I had died and Mrs. Pierson, their teacher, had brought me back to life!
I complimented them on how well they behaved when the emergency happened and how well their teacher handled the whole thing. A friend of mine had said, upon hearing the story, that was a good teacher who could handle a group of first graders and take care of an unconscious chaplain! It’s a miracle!